The helicopter V-43 exhibited at the Museum completed around 3'000 flying hours.
The Alouette V-43 was bought by the Air Force on 5th march 1958.
On 19th April 1979 the crew had to land in emergency in Naters. The helicopter was repaired and resumed flying.
In 1961 the V-43 was registered HB-XBI in order to participate in the Evian conference. On 14th March 1994 it was donated to the Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne.
The helicopter was donated to the Foundation in 2003.
Technical information - SE 3130 'Alouette II'
|Affiliated:||from 1958 to 1993|
|Mission:||liaison, transport, rescue and reconnaissance|
|Jet engine:||Turboméca Artouste II C|
|Maximum weight at take-off:||1'500 kg|
|Cruising speed:||175 km/h|
|Flight radius:||560 km|