The plane J-4078 exhibited at the Museum completed 2'609 flying hours.
Built in Dunsfold (UK), the J-4078 was flown to Switzerland in 1959.
In 1982 it was modified to launch air-ground Maverick AGM-65B missiles. It flew for the last time on 16th December 1994 in Payerne.
Donated to the Fifth Squadron in 1995 by the Air Force it was brought by truck to Arnex-sur-Orbe. Restored it was the masterpiece of the inauguration of the small museum on 17th November 1995.
It was moved to Payerne in October 2002 and donated to the Foundation.
Technical information - Hunter Mk.58 'Hunter'
|Affiliated:||from 1958 to 1994|
|Mission:||Fighting, ground attack|
|Engine:||Rolls-Royce Avon 203|
|Maximum thrust:||4'580 kp|
|Maximum weight at take-off:||11'340 kg|
|Maximum speed:||1'150 km/h at sea level|
|Ceiling altitude:||16'300 m/sea|
|Flight radius:||1'000 km|