The plane J-1157 exhibited at the Museum completed 1'804 flying hours.
The J-1157 was constructed under licence in Emmen and flew for the first time on 14th May 1952. Bought to the Air Force by Alain Girardet, it was exhibited during several years in the industrial area in Aigle.
Given to the Fifth Squadron in 1998, it was transported to Payerne, then to Arnex-sur-Orbe where it was restored and inaugurated on 24th June 2000.
It was brought back to Payerne in October 2002 and was given to the Foundation.
Technical information - DH-100 'Vampire'
|Affiliated:||from 1949 to 1990|
|Mission:||fighting, ground attack, then training|
|Maximum thrust:||1'588 kp|
|Maximum weight at take-off:||5'850 kg|
|Maximum speed:||820 km/h at sea level|
|Ceiling altitude:||10'000 m/sea|
|Flight radius:||600 km|